I don't know how you are, but when I begin something new I research the crap out of it! Blogging has been no different. So, this post is more than just about how to start a blog. It covers a lot more.
After thinking about starting up my blog again, I heard about how you can integrate Pinterest to:
- Aid your monetization
- Make Money
- Build a Following and Blog Traffic
I won't say my mind was blown by the concept, but by the numbers definitely. Many bloggers are sharing that they are making 6 figures annually and I believe it because my niece is doing that, too.
So, to begin with, you need to start a website. Generally, registering is easy and self-hosted is really the only way to make real money. I mean would you start your business in someone else's garage? There are a few ways to do this and some cost more and others less. So, my advice is to do some research.
- Bluehost - Offers a great deal.
- A Free Domain
- Free SSL Certificate (this gives you the https://)
- Easy WordPress Install with just one click.
- 24/7 Support
- WordPress, Wix or Squarespace - These sites allow you to buy it all from them. Wix and SquareSpace are great if you intend to have a very graphic blog. Think photography, food or travel niche type blogs. Personally, I prefer to buy off a web host so that the control stays with me. I made a mistake years ago buying a website from Microsoft and have never done it again.
Dhaka Web Registrars and Hosting
In Dhaka one of the big names in website hosting is Eicra, but often I have found them limiting in many ways. My two favorite registrars here are:
- Xeon Bangladesh Limited
- Host Might
Now you need to create a few posts for that brand new website. 5-10 epic posts related to your niche (main category of your blog) that will solve a problem for your readers
Before you start writing, take a breath, and sit down. You need to figure out who your target audience is. This helps you to find your "Blogging Voice".
I recommend choosing something you enjoy talking about. So, if you like food and are an awesome cook start with that. There are literally dozens of options, so do some soul search and Google searching and find a topic that motivates you.
Never choose a topic just because you think it will make money. It may work out, but can you really keep writing about something you don't have a genuine interest in? My guess is probably not. You will get bored and nothing will happen.
Market + Skills + Passion
By now you are wondering "what have I gotten my self into", no one said it was going to be easy. A lot of planning is needed to make this work and when it does you will be happy and proud that all your efforts have paid off.
- Passion: Of course, no one should quit their job to chase their passions mindlessly without any financial support. But if you were financially independent, what would you do with your life? It's a game-changer, I know. However, you know as well as I do being able to do this opens up many opportunities and this is a tough question to answer, so I offer this resource. Take this free personality test it is absolutely amazing and can help you figure it out as long as you answer truthfully!
Skills: What are you good at? Really think about it. What do you usually get compliments from friends and family? Build on it!
Market demand: What are people searching for A LOT for on Google and Pinterest? This will take some research and I recommend using SEMrush in addition to Google, Pinterest or Instagram. Billions of people out there search for the answers and solutions to their problems. Be a part of their solution!
To be honest, the readers that land on your page will not be interested in your problems, they want solutions to theirs.
Remember that readers have come to you for help with something. When they land on your site, they will subconsciously ask themselves:
"What's in it for me?"
To keep them you need to hit all 3 of these key elements (passion, skills, and market demand)! If you do it right, they will be back for more.
I know it's easier said than done, but if you really put the time and effort into figuring this out, you will be rewarded!
Start Your Pinterest Account
You want to start your Pinterest journey by signing up for a business Pinterest account. This is 100% free to sign up for and use.
Once you've done, follow the instructions here to claim your website on Pinterest. Believe me, this is so simple anyone can do it. They have made super easy to follow their step-by-step instructions!
TBB Tip: Make sure to include relevant keywords and hashtags in your profile bio section. This will help users to find you more easily.
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I'm so excited you are ready to start your blogging journey! Any Questions? Send them my way, I'm happy to try to help.
Until next time,